06 Nov 3 Steps to Finding Her Ring Size
So, you are ready to ask the big question and it is time to start deciding on the Engagement Ring!
More than likely, you will want to surprise your girlfriend, but there are a few things that you need to figure out first, one of these being: What is Her Ring Size?
Here are a few ideas to help you make the right guess…
1. Ask one of her friends/relative: Get her Mum or one of her friends – whoever you trust most with your secret – to go shopping with her and get her to try on rings and get her finger sized. Your girlfriend won’t suspect a thing.
2. Does she wear other rings: Maybe she has something in her jewellery box or wears one that she takes off at night? If so you can do one of the following:
– Take the ring and place it on one of your fingers, ideally your small finger. Draw a line around your finger where the ring falls and then you can measure it.
– You can take the ring, place it on a piece of paper and draw the inner circle.
– If you have small bar of soap handy, place the ring on the soap and press it in gently, to make an imprint. Be sure to remove any soap residue off the ring before you return it!!
3. Go shopping with her: Maybe you could say your are looking to buy your Mum/sister a ring. Not only will you get an idea of her finger size, but it will also give you a good indication of what styles she likes.
Don’t worry if you cannot get the correct size, the ring can always be resized after you pop the big question.